Cristina Vulpe is a registered veterinarian who has worked with a variety of small animal species in the past, from cats and dogs to guinea pigs and exotic birds.
- Credentialed Veterinarian since 2011
- 14 years experience working with pets
- Contributed pet health content to pigeonpedia.com and numerous pet related publications for over seven years
- Ph.D. in Veterinary Oncology since 2015
- Published articles in the Journal of Biotechnology Elsevier, The XXXth Congress of the EAVA, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound, SCIVAC Veterinaria, Proceedings of the XVth International Congress of the International Society for Animal Hygiene, Romanian Biotechnological Letters
- She is the co-author of a scientific presentation titled Radiological Contrast Studies of the Digestive Tractus in the Pigeon (Columba domestica) published by the European Society of Radiology
Cristina has been in the veterinary industry ever since she was studying for her degree.
She got a job at a veterinary pharmacy when she was in her 3rd year and became a vet at a clinic right after graduation.
She has hands-on experience working with small animals and performed a number of tasks, from administering vaccines to operating on cats and dogs.
She also performed anatomopathological examinations on farm animals (mostly swine and chickens).
She was also the manager of a veterinary clinic where she closely worked with other veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
Cristina got her Veterinary Degree in 2011 from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Iasi, Romania, a part of the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine from the same city.
In 2015, she got her Ph.D. in Veterinary Oncology (with a thesis titled Morphoclinical and Imaging Investigations Utilized in the Diagnosis of Tumoral Processes within the Abdominal and Pelvic Cavities in Dogs).
She completes a number of continuing education courses every year.
In 2021, she also earned her BA in History from the Alexandru Ioan Cuza University in Iasi, Romania.